Answered / Added Open Source Plugin

Dapocalypse

Citizen
- Username: Devji
- Suggestion Title:Open Source Plugins
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): Alright, I suggest that we have a custom plugins program for the server. In this the server will make a github account and create plugin projects. Anyone in the community would be able to contribute to them due to the nature of github however prs will go through an approval process. This will allow custom plugins without having to pay money for a pricey plugin developer and it will allow everyone to contribute their ideas for plugins. TLDR: Open source plugin development via github. Saves money for private plugin devs.
- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): no
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):
- Additional Information:

Last edited:

photobooth

First and former Judge of Stratham
GitHub is a great place for open source development, but our community is not made up of Java developers, nor is our server large enough for people to randomly contribute for the hell of it.

Dapocalypse

Citizen
I understand that the community isn't full of java developers, but there is no downside, if no one contributes no one contributes, if someone or a few people contribute than they can.

photobooth

First and former Judge of Stratham
Even so, there wouldn't even be a single repository to start off with as we don't have any plugins developed. Sure, if we did have a plugin and decided to open source it then I could see potential, but we have nothing to contribute. Also, we'd likely not open source plugins if any were made for BC in the future.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
I have to agree with Brennan on this one.
We do not have an overflow of players who are interested in java development and even if we did, at the moment we have no need for additional, custom plugins. And in the future if we do, I would more than likely hire someone with years of experience.

Nevertheless, I thank you for your suggestion.