Banned
Lawyer
Donator
LilSumoVert
LilSumoVert
Lawyer
Department of State
Special Election

Four Members of parliament have resigned their positions today, therefore a Special Election must be held in order to fill these vacancy's. According to the constitution, the DoS will follow the following format:​
(IV) In the event, a Member of Parliament resigns from Office or is removed, and the Parliamentary seat then becomes vacant, the following process is to be followed.
(A) The Speaker of Parliament will ping the Minister of the Department of State in their designated channel.
(B) The Speaker of Parliament will inform the Minister that a vacancy has occurred and that a special election will need to take place.
(C) The State Minister will then open a Special Election Declaration post on the forums within 24 hours, where citizens can declare their intent to contest the seat.
(D) After 24 hours the Department of State will close declarations and start the Election.
(E) The Election period will last 24 hours and after that time the Department of State will validate the votes and announce a winner.

(I) No one may serve as a sitting Member of Parliament unless they meet the following requirements:
(A) Having joined the server at least four weeks prior to the start of the election.
(B) At least twelve hours of playtime in the past 30 days prior to the start of the election.
(C) Participating on forums, and on Discord.

Schedule:

January 29th: Declarations open at 8:15PM EST
January 30th: 8:15PM EST Declarations Close
January 30th: 8:45PM Est Ballot Opens
January 31st: 8:45PM EST Ballot Closes and Votes are Tabulated

Winners will be announced and will take office immediately

Good luck to you all

Declaration post should follow this format:

I, [insert name] am declaring my candidacy for the position of Member of Parliament of the Republic of Stratham. I will stand as a [insert: Independent/name of party]

Note: if the party isn't officially registered via the DoS then it is not a valid party.

PeachLemon_

Los Angeles Enjoyer
Donator
PeachLemon_
PeachLemon_
Tier2
I, PeachLemon_ am declaring my candidacy for the position of Member of Parliament of the Republic of Stratham. I will stand as an independent.

SirHotPockets

Department of Economy
Department of Economy
SirHotPockets
SirHotPockets
EconomySecretary
I, SirHotPockets, am declaring my candidacy for the position of Member of Parliament of the Republic of Stratham. I will stand as an Independent.

giggly999legs

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
giggly999legs
giggly999legs
Lawyer
I, Giggly999legs, am declaring my candidacy for the position of Member of Parliament of the Republic of Stratham. I will stand as a Independent

lennonrissi

Department of Economy
Department of Economy
Edans21
Edans21
EconomySecretary
I, lennonrissi am declaring my candidacy for the position of Member of Parliament of the Republic of Stratham. I will stand as an Independent.

Last edited:

Duckiichu

RAH
Lawyer
Donator
Duckiiiiiii
Duckiiiiiii
Lawyer
I, Duckiichu, am declaring my candidacy for the position of Member of Parliament of the Republic of Stratham. I will stand as an Independent.

DottyMaster

Department of Health
Department of Health
Department of Public Affairs
DottyMaster
DottyMaster
SeniorCommunityCoordinator
I, timelol_ am declaring my candidacy for the position of Member of Parliament of the Republic of Stratham. I will stand as an Independent

LilSumoVert

Former PM
Banned
Lawyer
Donator
LilSumoVert
LilSumoVert
Lawyer
I, timelol_ am declaring my candidacy for the position of Member of Parliament of the Republic of Stratham. I will stand as an Independent
Declarations have ended, try again during the General Election.