Answered / Added (Pilot Job) Planes & Helicopters

- Username: FriedPoTaters
- Suggestion Title: (Pilot Job) Planes & Helicopters
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): A majority of the server wants this added and those who don't are worried about lag. Pilot Job can be an apply-able job with a high cost to purchase the vehicles so they aren't widely used but highly sought after for transportation.
- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): No
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):
- Additional Information: So far the main things people worry about is the lag, planes can be abused easily, and to the first problem we would need a trial period to test to see if they cause massive amounts of lag. Do they cause lag only in the city or anywhere in the world? If it's found that they do cause lag then what is the cause of the lag? Is it the model, the flight speed, or the plugin itself because you can hire someone on certain Minecraft forums to make a model with less blocks/etc. Maybe even hire someone to make a separate plane plugin that does not cause the possible lag. I don't see how this can be abused other than flying into someones building and leaving the helicopter/plane there but planes and helicopters should cost a lot and a staff member can remove it if it's continuously done on purpose. The pros outweigh the cons by a lot if you can get this to work without lag.

RedFr0st

On lunch break for 2 weeks now
Donator
I do not think it is the plugin it self I think it is rather the server it self that can not hold the lag if you go to other servers with the same plugin they are probably alright with lag, however this server is not ready for 5 people having an airplane drag race round the city, and for abusing people can just place them in someones building and just leave it there just to be a rude about it and they would need to get staff to get the plane and stuff, making it restricted to certain people would make people want it less restricted. and this has been basically been proven that more vehicles equals more lag with more cars driving around or just being placed will cost lag and like Koal has stated "It creates more entities on the server. Entities are loaded 20 times per second, or once per tick. So it does create more server lag."

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
I don't think an official Pilot job will be necessary if we add planes/helicopters. They will only be for the very wealthy elite so they will be pretty rare. If the owners want their own pilots, they can certainly hire players but no special job title/prefix will be given.

William_CTO

Creator of Dark Mode on Forums
Donator
William_CTO
William_CTO
Tier4
I think it should be more like a qualification than a job.
There should be a rigorous test to prove the player can pilot them in a sane way.
Also, I think this should be a qualification on top of the driver one.
@Koalition thoughts?

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
I don't think an official Pilot job will be necessary if we add planes/helicopters. They will only be for the very wealthy elite so they will be pretty rare. If the owners want their own pilots, they can certainly hire players but no special job title/prefix will be given.
Do you think we could have an estimate on how much planes will cost?

Last edited: