Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
- Title:
Punishment for not Voting in Parliament

- Type of motion (Edit/Removal/Creation):
Creation

- Elaboration & Reasoning:
Currently, parliament makes motions, votes on the bill and it is either accepted or declined. Although not everyone always votes on these bills. Sometimes these inattentive parliament members can cause a bill to be declined due to them not voting. Sparks and I (jmarti07) propose a small punishment be given to members of Parliament (MPs and staff) that do not vote on a bill. However, if a member of Parliament was to notify the owners and/or Parliament that they wouldn’t be able to vote (due to being on vacation, etc) in advance, they would not receive punishments. This could only be used for a legitimate reason other than not wanting to vote on a motion. If a member of Parliament receives an offense or offenses, his/her offenses will be reset in the next election cycle. For example, if a Parliament member gets 3 offenses in one Parliament season, the next season it would be reset. (unless the punishment removes them from Parliament for a certain time.) The punishments would be as follows:

-1st offense:
If MP or Staff: 1st strike on their Parliament record

-2nd offense:
If MP: 2nd strike on their Parliament record

-3rd offense:
If MP: 3rd strike on their Parliament record which leads to:

If MP: Removal as an MP, but may run again the next election month

-4th offense:
If MP: Removal as an MP, but may run again in another 2 election cycles

-5th offense:
If MP: Removal as an MP, and may never run ever again

Staff that break the same offense as an MP will be taken up with the server administration.

- Other Information:

This motion is a collaboration of sparkleA and jmarti07. If an MP is removed from Parliament before the next election month, it will follow the rules for removal. If that motion sparkleA made doesn't pass, then the MP spot will remain open.

Last edited:

sparkleA

Citizen
Just edited the motion in Additional Information to reflect what would happen about a lack of an MP in this scenario.

ShadowCheck

That Guy Who Stalks You
Banned
Donator
Although, I don’t like how the member with the second last votes will get the spot. When a runner doesn’t get elected, there’s usually a reason for it. In this case, say I didn’t vote. Then BigBen9999 would be in parliament, and he had proven to not be s suitable candidate for this position...

-ShadowCheck

Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
Although, I don’t like how the member with the second last votes will get the spot. When a runner doesn’t get elected, there’s usually a reason for it. In this case, say I didn’t vote. Then BigBen9999 would be in parliament, and he had proven to not be s suitable candidate for this position...

-ShadowCheck
I think that’s more a comment for sparkles motion