• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jagaeg

Citizen
Donator
- Title: Removal Apartment Owner Rules
- Type of motion (Edit/Removal/Creation): Removal
- Elaboration & Reasoning:
"The maximum amount you can rent your apartments for is 3 Krunas per Block for every 30 days" should be remove from Law.

I think this law is against our server's free market economy. Also, it limits players from setting own apartment price which is taking citizens opportunity from making money.

In my opinion, there is no negative outcome from the removal of this law.
- Other Information:
If you have any questions, please make comment below.

Nature_Girl

Trial Moderator
- Title: Removal Apartment Owner Rules
- Type of motion (Edit/Removal/Creation): Removal
- Elaboration & Reasoning:
"The maximum amount you can rent your apartments for is 3 Krunas per Block for every 30 days" should be remove from Law.

I think this law is against our server's free market economy. Also, it limits players from setting own apartment price which is taking citizens opportunity from making money.

In my opinion, there is no negative outcome from the removal of this law.
- Other Information:
If you have any questions, please make comment below.
If it is removed from the law, how much should the average apartment cost?

CatchEmAll1

Citizen
If there is no limit, couldn't any average apartment be overpriced?
People will just have to use common sense to find a reasonably priced apartments. I like this idea because this always a landlord to include multiple factors into the rent price. For example, if an apartment building is right next to spawn, a landlord might want to charge more than if a building were on the outside of the city.

Nature_Girl

Trial Moderator
But what if this motion could be abused? Such as an owner of an apartment makes it to expensive or too cheap?

CatchEmAll1

Citizen
But what if this motion could be abused? Such as an owner of an apartment makes it to expensive or too cheap?
How is that abuse of a law? It is just the landlord talking an apritunity to make more or less money. I know that I already charge over k100 less than I could for Apartments.

Jagaeg

Citizen
Donator
There is Government own apartment which price is set 300 Krunas per room. BC-037
So I think there will be no problem with abusing and place to newcomers.

Kat

flower girl
Donator
Unfortunately common sense is commonly abused. This is just a regulation to make sure apartments are easily available, there can be a problem with apartments being overpriced but a solution would be to raise the maximum price an apartment can be rented for, for example making it 3.5-4 krunas per block instead of removing it.

Jagaeg

Citizen
Donator
Unfortunately common sense is commonly abused. This is just a regulation to make sure apartments are easily available, there can be a problem with apartments being overpriced but a solution would be to raise the maximum price an apartment can be rented for, for example making it 3.5-4 krunas per block instead of removing it.
I honestly think to raise to 3.5~4 Krunas block is no point of editing. Plus I took some research in the capital city, and there are more than 15 rooms that are unrent in Government apartment which is located right behind spawn building. So getting an apartment for a cheap price is not a problem in my opinion.

sparkleA

Citizen
It’s not actually finding a cheap enough apartment that I would say is the problem. More that new players can be easily scammed and end up with a massively overcharged apartment because they didn’t know what a good price should be and didn’t research.

Jagaeg

Citizen
Donator
It’s not actually finding a cheap enough apartment that I would say is the problem. More that new players can be easily scammed and end up with a massively overcharged apartment because they didn’t know what a good price should be and didn’t research.
We can add good price for apartment in tutorial.

Luxaholic

Owner
Staff member
Owner
I like this idea because it's just basic economics, apartments that are overvalued will not sell, I never liked the price ceiling but it does make sense, new players wouldn't know any better and would likely spend a lot more on apartments, especially close to spawn. If there was an easy way to shop around for apartments then I'd be all for this idea. Perhaps an advertisement board at spawn or something with apartment names and prices could be added? But that's really the only reason I'd vote against it, otherwise the market can handle the rest. I don't think it's "abuse" to charge new players a lot for apartments either, it's just capitalism. You don't buy the first car you see on a lot, you shop around, the government can't hold your hand in every respect.

parker3232

The Cookie Dealer
Donator
I say just screw it, nothing bad can happen other than specific people who are incapable of purchasing things responsibly losing 10% of the money they rented it for, so just add it. And no one even maxes out the price anyways, because calculating it makes things harder for them, we are not to be helping players with literally everything. Also, tour guides exist so just get a tour guide to take you to a viable one. ( Also, I like how you put all the words in bold so I can actually see them. )

Last edited: