Donator
UASO
UASO
Tier4
- Username:
UASO
- Suggestion Title:
Revamp Friends Plugin
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.):
Why: It provides little to nothing as of right now.
How to Improve: Two options come to mind.
We could remove it to help increase server performance and have fewer plugins that clutter the experience as it doesn't have any tangible features.
Instead, we could add some kind of tangible features. Below is a list of ideas I had.
/f find [name] Show location of a friend. (with this also add /f togglefind to not share location with friends)
/f Jump [name] Teleport to a friend. (with this also add /f togglejump to not allow friends to teleport to you)
Colored player names for people you have added as a friend. (image attached below)
No notification to DoJ when you kill someone who you have added as a friend.

- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No):
No, this is a plugin coded in-house.
- Additional Information:
I know this doesn't align with the level of trust people associate when adding people as a friend currently and some people just went off and tried to add as many people as possible when it got added but as of right now this is a forgotten feature as there is no reason to use it other than the whole for clout thing people do "I have [insert name] added."
uSXx5.png

HybridPlague

yes
Donator
HybridPlague
HybridPlague
Tier4
Thanks for your suggestion! I have taken into consideration some of these features, and have made the following changes to the plugin:

[+] Join/leave messages

[+] Find feature:
- /f find <player> - Returns the current location and world of someone on your friends list (https://imgur.com/1YA4YCl).
- Can be toggled off using /f togglefind; this prevents players from getting your location via /f find.
- Can be found within the main friend list menu (/f list).

[+] Made the main GUIs filled instead of a big, empty space (for us with no friends obviously)

[+] Created new, individual player files for better performance - before, all data was stored into one file and was cluttered.
- Unfortunately, with this, it means all data from the previous version has been voided, and friends were cleared.

[+] Changed toggle command usage: /f toggle -> /f togglerequests (togglereq)
- Can also be found within the main friend list menu.