Department of Public Affairs
Donator
GikoHanno
GikoHanno
EventPlanner
- Username: GikoHanno
- Suggestion Title: Roleplay clarification
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): If you search for this server on Minecraft sites, you will see that it has a roleplay tag. However, I do not consider this server to be Roleplay for the following reasons:
-It's not possible to have a nickname;
-People don't pretend to be others and don't make up stories;
-The server has few places dedicated to leisure ;
- The only professions focused on roleplay are doctor, cook and government positions.
This lack of roleplay makes many players furious, as they enter a server thinking it is Roleplay. Furthermore, these players end up being accused of disturbing the order. The fact of having professions and economics does not mean being roleplay: a survival server can also have economics and is not roleplay. As this server has a lot of mature people and is well managed, I believe it is possible to create a structure for this activity, such as the formation of a mini city for roleplay or other things. Otherwise, the roleplay tag should be removed from the server (which I think is very sad, as I like roleplay and I believe the server has the potential for that).
- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): No
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):
- Additional Information: I Hope u guys understand!

violetunknown

Your Friendly Neighborhood Trash Panda
Deputy Prime Minister
Lawyer
Donator
violetunknown
violetunknown
Deputy Prime Minister
I believe this is definitely a Roleplay server. Lets take a quick look at your reasoning:
-It's not possible to have a nickname: nicknames are possible but are restricted (i.e. Clorox, MrMatty, Spill & Georgia before they left, Hybrid, and so many more) Also, unless you go by your real name, which I'm pretty sure is Just Marty and Maybe a few other people with users super close to their real name, then you do have a nickname, it just isn't displayed in chat.
-People don't pretend to be others and don't make up stories; Basicly everyone is RP-ing in some way, whether you adopt some 'kids,' starting dating or marry, open a 'company' or BSCL and BCMAM, stuffs like that. Also Elections, and yes, you are a lot more of yourself than on some other servers, but still, the existance of RP is definitely there, even if not everyone chooses to participate in the RP-related aspects of the server.
-The server has few places dedicated to leisure; there are tons like BSCL and BCMAM, also the memorial park, national parks, tons of parties happen. The very existance of companies like off-white, Beret Bay, and Croc Pot commited to essentially RP-based services, as well as it least 1 company I know of that hires out Butlers, Housekeepers, and even therapists. Not to mention Casionos, Parkour places, fine dining resturants, the shelter, on and on and on...
- The only professions focused on roleplay are doctor, cook and government positions; what about interior design, entreprenuer, taxidriver, pharmacist and brewer? Even if the job itself isn't based on RolePlay, malls and things where you can sell your merchandise as well as the ability to become a supplier for a bigtime company make jobs Roleplay-ey enough to qualify.
To Conclude, even if the standerd RP parts aren't arranged in quite the same way as many RP servers, BusinessCraft is certainly among their ranks, and the offbeat, less RP-oriented and more business-oriented composition of our server is what makes it so special. After all, this is BUSINESScraft, not RPcraft, right?
quick note: this is note meant to be mean in any way, just presenting my opinions on the server :)

GikoHanno

Donator
GikoHanno
GikoHanno
EventPlanner
Even so, this roleplay base is not what players expect. I only saw two players who work as a nanny and therapist, and even then, they don't have many clients. Most restaurants do not have a barista, everything is automatic. The other professions (as a pharmacist) are merely economics: people meet, pay and leave. There is no in-depth story. There is a big difference between economics and roleplay. Selling is not roleplay, having a store is not roleplay, profession is not roleplay, election is not roleplay. This is standard Minecraft politics and economics. The entertainment places are empty and the events and parties are very fast and occur only sometimes. I and other players feel deceived to enter a server thinking it is roleplay, and many people end up frustrated by it. I'm not saying that the server should or should not be roleplaying, I just believe that the server's content should be explained. Economy and politcs tags are the ones for the server. I dont think the roleplay tag applies to this server

GikoHanno

Donator
GikoHanno
GikoHanno
EventPlanner
Internet roleplay definition: Role-playing game, also known as RPG, is a type of game in which players take on roles of characters and create narratives collaboratively. The progress of a game takes place according to a predetermined system of rules, within which players can freely improvise.

GikoHanno

Donator
GikoHanno
GikoHanno
EventPlanner
Economy server definition- able to earn ingame coins of some sort. You will then be able to sell, buy or even use special stuff ingame with the use of coins.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
- Username: GikoHanno
- Suggestion Title: Roleplay clarification
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): If you search for this server on Minecraft sites, you will see that it has a roleplay tag. However, I do not consider this server to be Roleplay for the following reasons:
-It's not possible to have a nickname;
-People don't pretend to be others and don't make up stories;
-The server has few places dedicated to leisure ;
- The only professions focused on roleplay are doctor, cook and government positions.
This lack of roleplay makes many players furious, as they enter a server thinking it is Roleplay. Furthermore, these players end up being accused of disturbing the order. The fact of having professions and economics does not mean being roleplay: a survival server can also have economics and is not roleplay. As this server has a lot of mature people and is well managed, I believe it is possible to create a structure for this activity, such as the formation of a mini city for roleplay or other things. Otherwise, the roleplay tag should be removed from the server (which I think is very sad, as I like roleplay and I believe the server has the potential for that).
- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): No
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):
- Additional Information: I Hope u guys understand!
As a longtime player, I understand this. If compared to other roleplay servers, this isn't really roleplay.

GikoHanno

Donator
GikoHanno
GikoHanno
EventPlanner
As a longtime player, I understand this. If compared to other roleplay servers, this isn't really roleplay.
Thats true. I see that many players enter the server thinking it is roleplay getting frustrated and confused, as it is not their expectation. I've seen a player who was arrested and told the moderators to put a hole in the cell to escape lmao

Ferngrove2004

The Turtle Master
Donator
Please note that every job you get is a 'role' that you are playing. On the contrary to what you're saying this is a role-play, just not the usual family-style role-play that the world is shown as a norm~

Even just the fact that the 'government' does very little buying/selling of goods with just the BARE MINIMUM coming from there is a fact to roleplay, the players have to get involved in player to player buying and selling of goods, even if it is through the medium of a chest shop.

Soon after joining players get the true vibe of this server, and while it isn't 100% conventional role-play there is definitely that aspect in it. Also note if people have questions of Tourguides who explain the server in-depth ;)