Shecky_'s Election Post (December 2020)

Shecky

Citizen
Donator
Shecky_'s Election Post for December 2020
My Information
IGN: Shecky_
When I joined: April 26, 2020

I, Shecky am a Moderator, Environment Manager, Community Coordinator, Doctor, and Tour Guide.

Activity
I am a very active member of BusinessCraft and even though I am in school I make sure to find time to play on the server. Considering I have many jobs and I am part of our staff team I make sure to log on every day and help anyone that needs it. I am also very active on the discord and will try my best to respond to anyone in the political section of the discord.

Why I want to be a Member of Parliament
I would like to be a Member of Parliament because as I have been on the server for seven months I have experienced a lot of changes in Parliament and a lot of bills passed. Sometimes I see a bill that has been passed that I don't necessarily agree with so I made the decision that it is my time for my voice to be heard and finally make a big change on BusinessCraft that I think they need. I would also like to work alongside my fellow MP's (if I get elected of course) to do what's best for the server and the community we have.

Why I would be suited to be a Member of Parliament
I think that I would be greatly needed and suited for Parliament. As I provided a list above of all the jobs that I currently have, you can see that all of my jobs involve working with people. I believe I am a nice person that would not keep a biased opinion on situations and I would always be open to criticism and new ideas that other people put forth. I think a big part of Parliament is having a greater connection with the people and doing what you and others believe is right for the server. I would strive for the absolute best and I would consider all thoughts and ideas while thinking of new bills.

Laws/ Bills
As I am running for Parliament it is my duty to create and help with bill creations/edits/removals. The first thing I will do as an MP is to work my hardest to make sure the laws/bills are as simplified as they could get. I know this may seem like I'm trying to dumb down the laws but in actuality, that's not my objective. I will try to make it so everyone easily follows and understands our laws that have been implemented. Just today I was looking through the elections and I noticed that some people had complaints about the Entrepreneur Shop. They were concerned that it was too easy to make money from those shops and that they're just sell shops and people shouldn't be making 300k from them in a month or two. I would implement a bill regarding this situation and try to lower the prices so that there is still a point to the sell shops but people aren't relying on the Entrepreneur Shops to make income. I would also work on the clarification of laws. Sometimes laws aren't clear what it's objective is so I strive to make sure every law is clear and manageable for everyone on BusinessCraft. Finally, I will enforce KISS as it is a big part of Members of Parliament duty.

Strengths
Leadership: I think that even though I may doubt myself at times I can be a strong leader and enforce direction. I can be stern when I need to and I don't necessarily like doing it but when I need to put my foot down and get things done I will and I won't be afraid to. I think this will benefit Parliament because I have a strong voice and that's just what we need.
Criticism: I know at first glance it may seem like I criticize others but I can assure you that is not what I do. I am good at taking criticism when I am making a decision that not everyone agrees with. I will take all the criticism I can get so I can improve and do what everyone agrees with.

I wish every candidate good luck and I strongly recommend voting for who you would like to be an MP this term. Every vote counts. Thank you for reading this and vote Shecky!

Last edited:

xlayzur

Citizen
Donator
So far I don't have questions, you plan on nerfing the entrepreneur shop a bit it seems which is in DoE jurisdiction. From what it looks like it seems you want to work closely with DoE to fix the situation. I love the mindset to help enforce KISS by dumbing down bills to a more understandable format. Overall nice campaign post, best of luck to you.

Shecky

Citizen
Donator
So far I don't have questions, you plan on nerfing the entrepreneur shop a bit it seems which is in DoE jurisdiction. From what it looks like it seems you want to work closely with DoE to fix the situation. I love the mindset to help enforce KISS by dumbing down bills to a more understandable format. Overall nice campaign post, best of luck to you.
Thank you so much layzur and good luck to you too! Since I have worked in the DoE before I somewhat know how it works and I think I can help improve anything DoE related if anyone needs.

violetunknown

Your Friendly Neighborhood Trash Panda
Deputy Prime Minister
Department of Public Affairs
Lawyer
Donator
violetunknown
violetunknown
Deputy Prime Minister
Gl Sheke!!! I have no questiosn :D