Answered / Added Stock Market: The Goods and Bads of Capitalism

Should Suggestions be Put in Separate Threads, or Grouped Together into a Single Thread?

• Single Thread, it reduces spam

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Multiple, it will be easier to find suggestions

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • im just procrastinating rn..

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Plugin Name
RealStockMarket

URL

https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/realstockmarket

Info
This Plugin incorporates buying and selling of stock in the stock market. This plugin avoids the issue of predictable stock prices by pulling prices from the real life stock market, in a manner that protects the crucial information of the server in the process.

Reason

This implementation, although large, would benefit and push the economy in a crucial way. Economy on the server is flawed, and nowhere close to one of an idealistic sustaining economy, which would be both realistic, and fun to play on. A core part of a free-market economy is its ability for the rich to contribute to the economy; if the rich cannot influence the economy, a common man will not find a job. For one, the companies on the server are undeveloped, unable to hold ground in a idle economy. Trading stock in a stock market between companies means capitalism and the concept of competition is developed, as companies will become more active, have a better motive and ability to function, and in turn, the economy improves, and the people improve. If this plugin has been tried, or does not work, I highly encourage an effort to find an equivalent.

P.S
If the concepts I put forth in the "Reason" seem vague or pulled from the dark, I will be happy to elaborate on my ideas if requested. Thank you for reading this wall of boring text.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
This is an interesting plugin, but at this time we don't think it should be added yet. Once we fix the minor bugs and implement things we already had in mind, we'll move on to the company plugin and how the whole system can be fixed.