CIVIL ACTION
Date: 02/27/22

Stratham Coalition Party
TedHastings_AC12

v.

Dusty_3
Krix

I. Description of Case
The Plaintiff brings forth the following causes of action and alleges the following against the Defendant:
During the Defendants time as Speaker of Parliament, he has used his power to gain certain things, which he personally has wanted. This is a clear breach of the sherlock accords, where the defendant has used/abused his position of power, in order to gain something of a personal interest.

II. Parties
1. Stratham Coalition Party
2. Speaker of Parliament - Dusty_3
3. Prime Minister - Krix
4. Minister of State - Koalition

III. Sequence of Events
1. On the 6th of February, the Municipal Act was given Prime Ministerial Assent. This Act was made by Dusty_3
2. On the 7th of February, Dusty messages a former SCP mole in an attempt to mislead SCP members into compromising on the two of them becoming city mayors. (screenshots between Dusty/Donuticus)
3. On the 19th of February, Dusty_3 was made the Mayor of Orico.
4. Krix tells the DoS minister that he had only considered Dusty for Orico Mayor 3-4 days prior, counter to Dusty's previous assertation that Krix would make a compromise on his and Donut's behalf, a whole week earlier. (Screenshot Krix/Koal)

IV. Claims for Relief
1. This is a clear violation of the sherlock accords. The screenshots show the defendant actively scheming with another member of the server to concoct a plan that gets him a mayoral position, through a compromise made by Krix

V. Damages
1. We ask that Dusty_3 & Krix are punished to the full extent of the law in regard to the Sherlock Accords.
2. We ask that Prime Minister Krix makes a full statement in regard to this, and presents it to the court. Truth only.

Your Honours, we request that Judge Poemhunter does not take this case.

(Attach evidence and a list of witnesses at the bottom if applicable)

In advancing this form to the court, you acknowledge and concur with the rules of court which highlight the importance of honesty at all times. Moreover, you understand the punishments for breaking these rules and/or committing perjury and deception in the court. (edited)

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 2.png
    2.png
    150.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 1.png
    1.png
    184.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

P. Hunter

Chief Justice
Chief Justice
Justice
Judge
Department of Internal Development
Department of Construction
Lawyer
Donator
poemhunter
poemhunter
Chief Justice
Hi @TedHastings_AC12,

Thank you for your lawsuit, you have requested I not sit this case but before I recuse myself,

When requesting a member of the bench to be recused of sitting this case you must provide evidence to support your answer simple stating this is not adequate.

when you have the time can you provide the court with a statement of reasoning which then the court can take into consideration.

Thank you

Judge Poem.

TeddyTaps230

Citizen
Banned
Executive Office
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
TeddyTaps230
TeddyTaps230
Special Advisor
Your honour,

This has been requested on grounds that you used to be a member of the same political party as those accused. We do not want any possibility of bias to present itself in this potentially landmark case against the two accused and so request judge Cooleagles handles this case.

P. Hunter

Chief Justice
Chief Justice
Justice
Judge
Department of Internal Development
Department of Construction
Lawyer
Donator
poemhunter
poemhunter
Chief Justice
Thank You for you Response @TedHastings_AC12

Will examine your statement and get back to you shortly.

Judge Poem

TeddyTaps230

Citizen
Banned
Executive Office
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
TeddyTaps230
TeddyTaps230
Special Advisor
Your honour,

It has now been 48 hours since the initial update on this.

I would like to ask if the court has made its decision

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

The court has decided that it is best for Judge Poem to step down from ruling over this case, and for myself to take their place.

Moving on to the case, since there are two Defendants being charged in this case, I would ask that both defendants before posting their response or MTD please mark their presence in the courtroom and state who will be representing them. If there happen to be two different representatives for each Defendant then the court will have a minor pre-trial to figure out the best way to ensure organization within the courtroom (limited amount of people posting) and proper representation of the Defendants.

@Krix @Dusty_3 is hereby summoned to the court to acknowledge the case. If the Defendant, @Krix @Dusty_3 , does not acknowledge the case as a reply in 2 days, the case will close in the Plaintiff's favor.

Court is in Session

This case is presided by Judge Cooleagles Bear in mind to not reply to court cases unless summoned by the Judge!

Thank You,

Dusty_3

Citizen
Banned
Lawyer
Donator
Dusty_3
Dusty_3
Lawyer
Hello your honor,

Good to be back in the courtroom again. I will be representing both myself and Krix in this court case, however as we are different people I will be treating this as if there were 2 cases. So long as that's no issue, that's great.

Currently ill have to ask for an extension to Sunday morning, perhaps about 10am EST? I have yet to be able to communicate with my client given the fact I am back at school for my final year, and he is busy completing the end of his final year (as well as very different time zones). I hope this is alright for the extension, apologies for the delay.

But I assure you, by Sunday, on my end things will be moving must faster.

Thank you

1646281418496.png

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

I'm glad to see that the Defendants were able to work out a singular representative for both parties. I will give The Defense until Sunday at 10 am (60 hours and some) to post either their Motion To Dismiss or their response to the complaint. As there are two different Defendants, I am perfectly fine with you treating this as two cases, just ensure that you clarify well in each of your responses and separate the two respectably.

That is all,
Thank you

Dusty_3

Citizen
Banned
Lawyer
Donator
Dusty_3
Dusty_3
Lawyer
In The Distinguished Court of The Stratham Republic
MOTION TO DISMISS
Date: 03/05/22

Stratham Coalition Party

v.

Krix

I. Motion To Dismiss

The Defendant motions to dismiss the case, respectfully based off the following:

My client, Krix, is being accused of using his office to benefit his own private interests. Your honor, this case is accusing Krix of a very harsh crime, but for what? Krix has only assented to a bill passed by 8 members of parliament, which is his constitutional obligation. Krix was also only told about Dusty_3’s interest in Orico days prior to the creation of Orico, as seen in evidence 1. Where is the corruption? Krix has assented to a bill that members of the SCP agreed with, this case is absurd, and is entirely politically motivated.

If this case is not dismissed, then all Members of Parliament can also be accused of corruption for simply doing their job, as they passed the bill and passed the Mayor nomination, no different to the PM assenting to the bill and the PM nominating the Mayor. It is honestly ridiculous that a PM is being accused of corruption for simple nominating a mayor and assent to a bill, events occurring weeks apart.

That is why I motion for this case's dismissal against my client Krix, as he has only fulfilled constitutional obligations and the plaintiff has not provided the court with any evidence Krix violated any word of the Sherlock Accords. There is a clear lack of evidence to even suggest Krix had any part in any crime, and the case is entirely politically motivated.

Evidence 1: (Krix was informed about Dusty's interest in Orico only days prior to the announcement)
1646371698391.png
1646371747063.png

Thank you

Last edited:

Dusty_3

Citizen
Banned
Lawyer
Donator
Dusty_3
Dusty_3
Lawyer
On another note, I ask for evidence that the Plaintiff is indeed representing the SCP. Whether this is the SCP council saying they back the lawsuit or however the Plaintiff wishes to do it. I would just like to see proof that the plaintiff is representing who he says he is.
And I was able to communicate with my client today, thanks for the extension, ill respond with my side of the case upon the ruling of this motion to dismiss, or by Saturday night.

Last edited:

TeddyTaps230

Citizen
Banned
Executive Office
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
TeddyTaps230
TeddyTaps230
Special Advisor
Your honour,

I should be able to provide my rebuttal to this motion tonight and provide evidence requesting my representation for the scp. I just need to get home to my computer.

I ask the court to reconsider the extension granted. It is clear the defense does not require the excessive amount of 60hours extension granted when they managed to put some time aside to answer for one defendant almost 9 hours after the extension was granted.

Last edited:

Dusty_3

Citizen
Banned
Lawyer
Donator
Dusty_3
Dusty_3
Lawyer
Your honour,

I can provide my rebuttal to this motion tonight and provide evidence requesting my representation for the scp. I just need to get home to my computer.

I ask the court to reconsider the extension granted. It is clear the defense does not require the excessive amount of 60hours extension granted when they managed to put some time aside to answer for one defendant almost 9 hours after the extension was granted.
As stated prior, I no longer require the extension for Krix's case. I was able to communicate with him earlier than expected.

I hope this clears that up.

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

I will clarify this to make everything simple. The extension will stick as a whole, I granted the extension for responses to be posted for each Defendant. If the Plaintiff would like to respond to those responses whenever they are posted, they may do that following the postings (I will also supply a small frame of time after the extension for that to be done as well if needed).

Additionally, I will not make a ruling on the Motion To Dismiss until I have a response in regards to both Defendants. This is just for simplicity and keeping the court well organized.

The court now awaits a response from the Defense in regards to Dusty's charges by the end of the 60-hour extension. As mentioned before, the Plaintiff may respond if they so choose, if not, time will be granted for them to do so.

That is all,
Thank You

Dusty_3

Citizen
Banned
Lawyer
Donator
Dusty_3
Dusty_3
Lawyer
In The Distinguished Court of The Stratham Republic
MOTION TO DISMISS
Date: 03/05/22

Stratham Coalition Party

v.

Dusty_3

I. Motion To Dismiss

The Defendant motions to dismiss the case, respectfully based off the following:

The DMs with Lord_Donuticus were entirely false, I never trusted the individual (evidence 1). I was lying to Lord_Donuticus as to avoid being his enemy in politics, the screenshot showing the mention of Orico and Lexford was a lie. I have disliked Donut for months now, the Lexford and Orico mentioning was on my part, a lie.

Moving on, I did not solely create the Municipality act. I worked on it from scratch with Stinkycow. He wrote entire sections as well as made big edits to the bill, we spent hours on it together. To suggest that I was corrupt because I made the bill is completely ridiculous. The reasons for the bill's creation have always been to provide a better system of cities for the server, stinkycow knows this.

Yes, Orico has always had a special place in my heart. In fact I helped build the beach back in the day, as well as the Orico Theme Park. It was Jaynormous’s town, one of my good friends. However, to suggest I made a bill so I could get Orico is completely wrong. I only expressed interest in actually obtaining Orico during my mute on the server, weeks after the creation of the Municipality act, I began plans a few days prior so I had something to show the PM and the MPs. This can be seen in evidence 2 and 3. Furthermore, I could’ve gotten Orico at any time, the Municipality act makes it more difficult to create a town as it requires Parliamentary consent.

The plaintiff is connecting dots that don't even exist, in an attempt to damage myself and the PM. This is just a politically charged case in an attempt to harm my reputation, it is extremely obvious in my evidence that I only want Orico over a week after Municipality passed. An act made by both me and stinkycow, and agreed to by 8/9 MPs.

Clear dismissal for this absolutely absurd case.

(Evidence 1) Same day as the discussion between me and Donut
1646555109567.png

(Evidence 2) Discussion with codes, over a week after the Municipality Act was made, about Orico. As you can see clearly, that I was working hard to prove Orico should be a town, it was not some corrupt act. Krix wanted an EOI (Expression of Interest), so I needed to prove to him I was the right person for Orico.
1646555184843.png

(Evidence 3) Discussion with Krix about my plans for Orico, during the mute. This was where I was proving to Krix I was the right person for Mayor. It was not some corrupt act, this was a real attempt at showing how effective I could be as Mayor.

1646555238918.png

(Evidence 4) My intention for the Municipality Act.
1646555931197.png

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

The court thanks the Defense for their arguments. The court will now give 48 hours to the Plaintiff to refute either or both Motions To Dismiss, Moreover, if additional time is needed, the Plaintiff is more than welcome to make such a request; although, if the case continues such requests will be more limited to not drag such an important case.

That is all,
Thank you.

TeddyTaps230

Citizen
Banned
Executive Office
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
TeddyTaps230
TeddyTaps230
Special Advisor
Your Honour,

This comment is in relation to the MTD on the case against Krix.

In response to the defendants comments,

The defendant claims he knew nothing about this... I find it very hard to believe that the vice chair of the SPA (now dissolved) and best friend of the other defendant in this case, did not know of his intentions.

I find it very hard to believe that a Prime Minister, who was bending over backwards with Dusty to get all outside towns disbanded and brought back into the City at one point, knew nothing about Dusty's intentions with Orico.

I also have a message specifically between Koalition and Krix after the nomination had taken place that reads as follows:

Koalition - When did you decide to bring Orico back and put Dusty as Mayor?

Krix - A dew days ago
Krix - like 3 or 4

It is clear from that message alone, Krix had intentions to put his Vice Chair of the SPA, and best friend into a position of power within a town that he had only just reintroduced. Purely because he "Got some really good ideas for Orico".

Further to this, to back up this case the defendant has provided us with evidence that refutes his claim. The defendant claims that he simply did his duty by following a law. Now that would be all well and good, however in the messages above, the PM states any mayor interests will be handled through EOI's but then proceeds to nominate his friend as a Mayor... A friend that he knows has a largely invested interest in Orico, completely ignoring his comment to EOI the mayor vacancies...

I have also attached as requested, the order to post from a SCP founder + Council member.

Attachments

• 1646694405309.png
    1646694405309.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 13

TeddyTaps230

Citizen
Banned
Executive Office
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
TeddyTaps230
TeddyTaps230
Special Advisor
Your Honour,

This is in response to the case against Dusty.

Your Honour, as per the ruling in the case of Government vs. SlimeEmperor, statements made in joke, or lies, must be backed by solid proof of this. So far, I have seen a picture of Dusty stating that he lied to Donut about Lexford, but he does not once mention anything about Orico. This leads me to believe the intention to still use Donut to get Orico was in his head, otherwise, he would have done the decent thing any politician should do, and just hold there hands up to the truth... The truth being Dusty seemingly was willing to do anything he could to get Orico. This is further backed up by the fact that he became the Mayor of Orico a week and a half later.

The defendant states that, by underlining his reasons for the municipality act his intentions were clear... So he introduced an act that made it easier for his friend and SPA member in the running chair of Government... The Prime Minister... To allow Dusty to be the mayor of Orico... All he needed to do was pass the bill, and then make himself look really good. To use the defendants words... Orico has always had a special place in his heart.. Well that special place seems to have lead the defendant to use his powers as MP to introduce a new bill and mislead and use a citizen of Stratham with a political voice, in order to better his chances at getting Orico Mayor, to the extent that all it took was one message your honour... One message... "Got some really good ideas for Orico" I am sure it would take any other person more than just one comment to prove they have what it takes to become Mayor.

Dusty_3

Citizen
Banned
Lawyer
Donator
Dusty_3
Dusty_3
Lawyer
Your honor,
I ask the plaintiff provide 1 shred of proof to the allegations he had just made.

He is just speculating, and speculating is not dealing in facts or evidence. Your honor this is not a conspiracy talk show, this is a courtroom.
I hope you consider this when reading over the information.

In regards to the plaintiffs comments about krix:

You are right, krix only knew days prior to the nomination that I had interest in Orico, thank you for agreeing. Furthermore, I convinced Krix in a VC, with my plans for Orico and my council made already, that I was a great pick for mayor (evidence 1). Koal has even said he wouldn't mind me as Mayor (evidence 2). Therefore Krix was only doing his job as PM, an EOI is not required by the law so Krix did not need to stick to it every time. I made a strong plan, and a good council, the PM recognized that and knew I would be great for any town, and most likely did not want to waste time with an EOI. The plaintiff has no case against Krix, simply because he is fighting against the truth.

In regards to the plaintiffs comments about Dusty:

As per any case in a courtroom, the burden of proof rests upon the one pursuing the case. I ask the plaintiff to show what precedent he is on about that makes it so the burden is on the defendant? The only precedent I saw was that the joke excuse wasn't a strong enough defense in that specific case. But this case is different as I provided substantial proof that any of my conversations with Donut were not true and all the plaintiff has provided is a screenshot of the conversation that had no truth to it, and a bunch of conspiracy theories.

I plead with you, your honor, that this conspiracy theory is put to bed as to not waste anymore of your time or the defendants.

Thank you

Evidence 1
1646713194091.png
1646713240516.png

Evidence 2
1646713132402.png

Dusty_3

Citizen
Banned
Lawyer
Donator
Dusty_3
Dusty_3
Lawyer
In addition I also still seek the proof that Ted is even representing his client. So when the plaintiff has a moment

TeddyTaps230

Citizen
Banned
Executive Office
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
TeddyTaps230
TeddyTaps230
Special Advisor
In addition I also still seek the proof that Ted is even representing his client. So when the plaintiff has a moment
I have provided a screenshot from scp member hotshot in relation to this…

Status
Not open for further replies.