Banned
Executive Office
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
TeddyTaps230
TeddyTaps230
Special Advisor
I'm sorry, but that shows nothing. Hotshot isn't the leader of the SCP.
Her ID a founder. And council member. It shows more then enough. Perhaps let the judge decide. If the judge asks.

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
ORDER!

I have heard enough of the back and forth. You both appear in this courtroom more than enough to know to keep this courtroom formal and civil, please do not make me repeat myself.

As it is late for me now, I will aim to post my ruling on the Defense counsel's Motions by this time tomorrow.

Thank you

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

I would like to thank both parties for their arguments and the time dedicated to this court case. I have decided to sustain both Motions To Dismiss, hereby dismissing this case as a whole. This is simply because the evidence brought to the court aligned more with the Defenses' arguments and timeline in my opinion.

In regards to Krix, it didn't make much sense to charge the Prime Minister with such a crime, when all he did was sign off on the bill. Arguments that Dusty committed acts of corruption are fair as he is the one making the bill and presenting it; whilst, Krix was simply just signing off on the bill. I found the point made by the Defense that, "all Members of Parliament can also be accused of corruption for simply doing their job, as they passed the bill and passed the Mayor nomination, no different to the PM assenting to the bill and the PM nominating the Mayor," to be quite compelling to the dismissal of Krix's charges.

In regards to Dusty, not only did the timeline add up in their favor, but I also fought the bill itself didn't demand that Dusty be given the position of mayor. The Sherlock Accords states that it is, "illegal to use a government position, elected or otherwise, to benefit one's private interests or corporate ventures." For Dusty to "use" his government position would be to make a bill that solely or at least majorly benefits him; however, the bill in question gave the power to the Prime Minister. In other words, the Prime Minister could have chosen someone else. Now the argument reflects back to if Dusty prior to the bill made a deal with Krix to ensure that such things would happen, but from all the evidence shown, it appears that only after the bill's signage that conversations of Dusty taking over Orico came into discussion.

I once again want to thank both parties for their arguments, both were compelling in parts; however, the preponderance sided with the Defense in this case.

That is all,
Court Dismissed

Court Dismissed

This case was presided by Judge Cooleagles

Status
Not open for further replies.