Answered / Added Tour Guide Exam Requirement

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
Hello!
I am a Tour Guide on the server currently. I assist new players by giving a 100% full explanatory, fun, and interactive tour in /local on how to play on the server, use cool features, use commands such as /as, /health, and show players around to public locations, while letting them know how to manage thirst, use plots, rent apartments and so much more.

To gather this knowledge, I have played on the server for a long time. That's why, there should be a requirement in order to become a Tour Guide. I will go ahead and say it; some players become a Tour Guide just for the money, and don't do the job correctly. This is a bad example on the server, and we do not want to be welcoming new players this way.

I propose we add a new requirement so you can be eligible to become a Tour Guide;
New Tour Guide Requirement: You need to have been a player on the server for at least 2 weeks in order to take the Tour Guide Exam at the BusinessCraft University.

I know this may sound harsh, but it eliminates new players from becoming Tour Guides and not knowing how to do their job properly, and afterwards inevitably being fired by a government official. It forces players to play on the server, and gather knowledge before themselves presenting information to new players, as I do almost every day.

After all; the Tour Guide job is significant. Every day, when I give players tours, it's an exam every single time; I meet up with the player, and guide them through the city with a fun, interactive tour. It is imperative to get the information just right, so the new player knows what to do and is not misguided by false information. With great Tour Guides, we can assure the growth of the server!!! This cannot be done with new players becoming Tour Guides their first day on the server.

I will soon be creating a detailed guide on the thorough day/job of a Tour Guide. As a Tour Guide, I will also create a separate guide that helps new players easily in case they do not recieve a Tour in-game, then we can direct them to said thread.

Thanks for reading, would love to bring up to parliament!
xoxo
Vroomba

EDIT:
Two new laws:
1. Change of requirement of eligibility in order to take the tour guide exam, as stated above.
2. NEW IDEA: Allow Tour Guides to answer indirectly exam answers (such as showing a player where the car dealership is). Even though the answer is given indirectly, this still would require some figuring out and work to find the correct answer.

Last edited:

Bangladesh150

Citizen
Donator
This has been brought to Parliament and is currently being discussed. I will be taking it up if it is cleared to be made into a motion. I will DM at that point to further hash things out.

- Bangladesh

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
Tour Guides are already managed by the Department of Commerce and Education, but I haven't heard from the Secretary of Education yet.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
As much as I agree that only players with some time and experience should become Tour Guides, it's not possible to make this due to plugin limitation. Another possible solution would be to elevate it to the same level as Property Inspectors, but we need far more TGs than PIs.
Therefore, the Sub Department of Education will continue to monitor the tour guides.