Answered / Added "Vote to Ban" System

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
- Username: A1phaSniper
- Suggestion Title: A system that allows players to vote on the temporary banishment of other players.
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): In very rare circumstances, a player can be very disrespectful to the community while not breaking any rules or laws. Either that or they are breaking rules and laws, but it isn't bad enough to warrant immediate action. To combat this, I am suggesting the implementation of a "Vote to ban" system. Basically, if a player or players are having multiple problems with a certain individual, they can create a "vote to ban" forum thread. Just like a petition or "vote of no confidence" they must provide evidence stating why they think the player should be banned, and open an anonymous poll for the public to vote. To make sure these threads aren't spammed with worthless cases, the player presenting the thread must get approval from an Admin+. If the "Vote to Ban" passes, the player will be banned from the server for 1-2 weeks. After the ban passes, If the community votes to ban that player a second time, the ban will be permanent.
- Additional Information: N/A

TBIWOG

Citizen
Banned
TJUN123
TJUN123
EventPlanner
In cases of general toxicity/extreme circumstances, staff have banned players without citing specific rules. However putting a system where players can vote to ban will not lead to positive results.
Yeah I agree, People who are not liked very much on the server, can be abused by this system (even if they did not violate any rules)

CrackedAmoeba

Citizen
Banned
This is basically the report system but gives power to players who might abuse it. Maybe allow for poles to be added to player reports so those who agree and disagree can give their support for the report or disagree with it. Too many times reports are silenced by staff because of arguments erupting in the thread. Player reports need to be acted on more frequently. But do not give ban privileges to players.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
There are already rules that allow staff to take action against players like this.

"A toxic player (e.g. a troll) identified by staff can be punished as staff sees fit, which includes immediately banning the player from the server. They do not have to wait for them to break enough rules to remove them."

A generally toxic player can already be removed from the server without necessarily breaking any specific rules.

stinkycow

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
stinkycow
stinkycow
Lawyer
In the past I believe there was a system allowing players to vote to mute and it was very heavily abused. This is that but worse.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
I've already stated a solution to most of these. If a player wants to "vote to ban" they must get approval from an Admin+ in order to make it. Thus, people can't be trying to vote to ban someone every day.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
There are already rules that allow staff to take action against players like this.

"A toxic player (e.g. a troll) identified by staff can be punished as staff sees fit, which includes immediately banning the player from the server. They do not have to wait for them to break enough rules to remove them."

A generally toxic player can already be removed from the server without necessarily breaking any specific rules.
From my perspective, I've only seen this used on new players. This is more for long term players.

CrackedAmoeba

Citizen
Banned
Another way this could work is a new thread option for players to start a vote to ban thread and staff can be easily notified to look into the issue and be the final say if the offense is ban worthy.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
From my perspective, I've only seen this used on new players. This is more for long term players.

It's also been used for older players. In fact, this rule came about following the ban of an old player who was bringing a lot of toxicity and drama to the community. It can be used for both trolls and toxic players, no matter how long they've been on the server. And general bullying/toxicity is against the rules as well.

Rather than a vote-to-ban system, I think the current player report system works just fine. If somebody has issues with someone being toxic, bullying them, etc. they can make a player report and staff will review it and give any due punishments.

stinkycow

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
stinkycow
stinkycow
Lawyer
It's also been used for older players. In fact, this rule came about following the ban of an old player who was bringing a lot of toxicity and drama to the community. It can be used for both trolls and toxic players, no matter how long they've been on the server. And general bullying/toxicity is against the rules as well.

Rather than a vote-to-ban system, I think the current player report system works just fine. If somebody has issues with someone being toxic, bullying them, etc. they can make a player report and staff will review it and give any due punishments.
With all due respect this hasn’t been the case with Czar

CrackedAmoeba

Citizen
Banned
With all due respect this hasn’t been the case with Czar
I agree with Stinky that the current system is very slow and has failed to handle a lot of situations letting them escalate further. But I do not think a player based banning system should be added. Instead staff need to take more action on reports and view them as a priority. There is absolutely no reason a report should take more than a week to resolve or at least be recognized by staff and let the player making the report know that staff care about them and are looking into the issue. Too many times players feel they are ignored due to lack of responses on reports, only silencing of an argument.

Kat

flower girl
Donator
Adding a vote to ban system is not needed. Staff are here to handle these situations because the administration feels they are qualified to do so. So we will not be adding this, however we will take up the concern that reports have not been answered fast enough. We will work on getting reports handled sooner, we realize it's something that isn't handled as quickly as it used to be, but as of right now school is a priority for most of our administration which is why a lot has been lagging behind here.