Lawsuit: Dismissed Aiden429 vs Government

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiden429

Citizen
I have wanted to make a building out of a lavacast for a while and I saw this as a good oppurtunity, although I didn't want to bother anyone and wanted to make this my own project. So I traveled very far north out of render distance of anyone else's builds and I dug a tower into the side of the mountain, I tried claiming the area but it cost too much, I staired up to start the cast over my house but someone said I should claim it first so it doesn't get removed . After the third layer, Kawaibib came and said it was destruction of landscape, then fined me 50 Krunas for destruction of land even though I explained that I was not done and would improve it with farms, balconies, windows, and I would make big rooms on the inside, also an animal sanctuary. Regardless, they fined me.

After reading further into this law: https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/needless-destruction-of-landscape.9212/ I believe that this violates my rights and is written very poorly as to leave it subjective to the interpretation of the reader. I believe that this is unjust as what qualifies as "land destruction" is purely subjective. As Margaret Wolfe Hungerford said, "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." I believe that this is very applicable to this situation, what I see as beautiful, or what will be beautiful, the DoA sees as land destruction. By this standards, one could argue that cities are land destruction, flattening land, harvesting their resources, and developing them, whereas I built my building in the mountains away from everyone else and where they is no trees to destroy or animals to kill. Subjective laws are absolutely unjust, the law does not lay out what qualifies as land destruction and the few that are listed do not mention my build at all. This gives the DoA far too much power. The DoA, in theory, has the power to destroy every city if they consider it land destruction. If I were to lavacast someone else's build, or lavacast just to do it and purposefully destroy landscape, would be completely justified, however, the fact that I claimed land that I'm doing it on as mine, and I am making it my base, and going to continuously improve said base, completely invalidates that argument.

I would like to have my 50 kruna fine refunded, my base to be left alone, and potentially reparations for the time that this took from me. Additionally, I am petitioning for the law to be thrown out, and potentially revised to include specific examples and not leave anything in it subjective.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Matthew100x

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
Matthew100x
Matthew100x
Lawyer
@SlimeEmperor is hereby summoned to the court to acknowledge the case. If the Defendant, @SlimeEmperor , does not acknowledge the case as a reply in 2 days, the case will close in the Plaintiff's favor.

Court is in Session

This case is presided by Judge Matthew100x Bear in mind to not reply to court cases unless summoned by the Judge!

Since this is against the DoA specifically, I am calling the DoA Minister to court. They may choose to represent the DoA themselves or have another member of the government represent the DoA.

Aiden429

Citizen
Edit: My base was destroyed, I made a contract with Blackwater after they destroyed it, although this lawsuit is still valid because I still intend on building a lavacast base because the base was never completed and the potential was never realized. This lawsuit is not neccesarily about my lavacast base in particular, although that is the basis for it, it is about the subjective interpretation of the law vs what we should have which is a well defined law that is not open to interpretation.

Last edited:

Matthew100x

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
Matthew100x
Matthew100x
Lawyer
Motion to dismiss accepted as banned players are recognized as having no legal right.

Interpreting from this law: https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/banned-players-bill.7779/

Case Dismissed.

Court Dismissed

This case was presided by Judge Matthew100x

Status
Not open for further replies.