Lawsuit: Dismissed Goodbye_Parrot Traffic Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was fined by puppy_lover153 for driving on the sidewalk in front of spawn. First of all I have a very bad laptop that lags a lot so of course I was lagging on my bike in front of spawn so it showed me stopped on the sidewalk with my bike. When it stopped lagging I continued to drive to my shop that is close to spawn and I was told that I drove away from a cop talking to me. However saw nobody talking to me as I was just driving. I was then handcuffed and fine k40 for driving on the sidewalk even though i just lagged onto the sidewalk in front of spawn for about 5 seconds. I believe this fine was not necessary and a waste of my time due to the fact that I explained to the police officer that I was lagging and puppy_lover153 still fined me. I believe my money should be refunded and somebody should have a talk with puppy_lover153 to explain to her that she has to be less harsh.Thank you for your time.

From, Goodbye_Parrot

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
[judgeopenTRAFFIC=yourusername]@puppy_lover153 [/judgeopenTRAFFIC]

The Defendant will have two(2) days to respond to this Traffic Court Hearing.

Please, let me remind everyone of the Honesty in Court law.

Thank you.

puppy_lover153

Citizen
Donator
To begin with, I was in front of spawn, minding my own business, when I saw Goodbye_Parrot driving on their bike. They first swerved onto the sidewalk on the left side then swerved onto the sidewalk on the right side. At that moment, I pulled them over and just as I did, they stopped in front of a wooden fence. As a Police Officer, my duty is to explain to them what they did wrong while driving and then fine them based on the type of reckless driving they were demonstrating. I first began with my introduction, then when I was in the middle of typing, Goodbye_Parrot then proceeded to drive of. I quickly send my message (because there was no time to delete the rest of it) and then proceeded to get on the backseat of my colleague's Police Car (who was there at the time just in case something like this were to occur) and chased Goodbye_Parrot down. My colleague then proceeded to pull them over, and this time Goodbye_Parrot finally did stay and proceeded to exit their vehicle and pick it up. I then proceeded to explain myself to Goodbye_Parrot and then asked why they drove off in the middle of a Traffic Stop. They proceed to lie and state that I never pulled them over. My colleague then continued and stated that I had, in fact, pulled them over. Goodbye_Parrot then proceeded to state that lag was the cause of their reckless driving. Now, if they had stopped the first time I pulled them over, I would have given them a simple warning and then fine them (Since it is my job to do so). Although, since they drove away from me, I as an Officer, did my job and fined them for driving on the sidewalk and proceeding to drive off from a Traffic Stop. Now, as a reply to Goodbye_Parrot's statement, I believe that they are being unreasonable in the sense that I was 'harsh'. All I have to say, is that from my point of view, I was being nice and respectful in attempting to do the standard introduction, but when they drove off, I needed to be more strict because I saw it as an attempt to get away from receiving a fine. I was doing my job by assuming that they were attempting to get away from Police Officer. Another thing to point out, even if Goodbye_Parrot may have been lagging, that still wouldn't have changed the fact that I would have fined them. It is my job to enforce the vehicle laws and the law states, "Driving on the sidewalk or anywhere off the road is punished with a fee of 40 Krunas." The way that Goodbye_Parrot was driving, as I had stated earlier, is a clear violation of this law. To end my statement, I have two pieces of evidence. I have a witness and a screenshot of Goodbye_Parrot running into the fence post (As I had stated earlier that they ran into when I pulled them over.) That is all for now, thank you.

puppy_lover153

Citizen
Donator
How do I stop lag, I don't know you tell me.
The problem with your statement is, there is no proof of this 'lag'. You could have easily been trying to get away and made an excuse when I pulled you over again. Even with honesty in the court of law, you still could be lying.

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
Thank you both for your responses, but please refrain from speaking out of turn.

Now, Officer @puppy_lover153 , please provide me with the evidence you claim to have on the Defendant. If you think it will help against his claims against you, please share those with us.

Thank you.

puppy_lover153

Citizen
Donator
Thank you both for your responses, but please refrain from speaking out of turn.

Now, Officer @puppy_lover153 , please provide me with the evidence you claim to have on the Defendant. If you think it will help against his claims against you, please share those with us.

Thank you.
Thank you Judge Matty,

As I have stated before, which I apologize since it wasn't my turn to speak, there is no proof of this 'lag' that Goodbye_Parrot speaks of. They could easily have been trying to avoid arrest. Therefore, I had to do what was necessary.

1. For starters, I'd like to say that PO's have a procedure when handling traffic stops. It starts off with pulling them over.
2019-01-13_22.49.11.png
As you can see in the screenshot above, a player receives a message when they get pulled over. Goodbye_Parrot should have easily been able to see this the first time. I believe we had to pull him over twice or more before he finally decided to listen.

2. Second, I have a screenshot of them driving into the cobblestone fence in front of spawn. A clear violation of the law that states, "Driving on the sidewalk or anywhere off the road is punished with a fee of 40 Krunas." I was simply doing my job.
2019-01-10_21.30.29.png
3. Lastly, I have a witness. My colleague that was with me, who also had to pull them over to grab their attention, and helped me chase them down. @A1phaSniper They should have even more proof to help with my case.

That will be all for now, thank you.

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
Thank you for your reply.

From what it seems, the officers on duty were in sync and operating together. That's good. I have never actually been "pulled over" before, so this is news to me. It would appear that this message is clearly hard to miss, especially if it fills practically the whole screen... This being said, even if someone is technically innocent, they should still obey the traffic laws by not being difficult with Law Enforcement officers.

However, the second image could be taken out of context. I have heard from many that driving throughout the Capital City is very difficult, especially while on a (no offense) "potato of a computer". Knowing this fact about driving in the city, it may could have been an accident on his part.

Officer @puppy_lover153 , would you like your partner to make a testimony?

puppy_lover153

Citizen
Donator
Thank you for your reply.

From what it seems, the officers on duty were in sync and operating together. That's good. I have never actually been "pulled over" before, so this is news to me. It would appear that this message is clearly hard to miss, especially if it fills practically the whole screen...

However, the second image could be taken out of context. I have heard from many that driving throughout the Capital City is very difficult, especially while on a (no offense) "potato of a computer". Knowing this fact about driving in the city, it may could have been an accident on his part.

Officer @puppy_lover153 , would you like your partner to make a testimony?
Yes.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
Hello!
During this traffic stop, Goodbye_Parrot had multiple opportunities to stop while on their vehicle. Puppy followed the proper procedure and used the pullover command (listed in puppy's response) that flashed a large message on Parrots screen. The reason why that message is so big because it can give no reason why parrot couldn't see it. What I saw was a police officer using the proper procedure for this traffic stop and Goodbye_Parrot purposely ignoring this officer while driving away.

I would like to say that I never got the big signal across my screen telling me to stop until I went 3 buildings down past the point in the picture. As my computer was still lagging because I game on a 2013 Mac. I also have proof of others having the same problems as me. If you want the screenshots contact me on discord.

Last edited:

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
The Plaintiff has been away from the server for nearly two (2) weeks, and is said to have quit. I will dismiss this traffic lawsuit for now, and reopen if necessary if the Plaintiff comes back.

Dismissed.

Court Dismissed

This case was presided by Judge Matty707

Status
Not open for further replies.