Answered / Added New Job ideas

BigBen9999

Citizen
The following jobs could be permanent or like the entrepreneur job depending on what the DoE wants.
Real Estate Agent- These players would sell and find plots and buildings for sale for players.
Musician-These players would have access to a possible instrument plugin and access to jukeboxes. They could get hired to work at pubs and bars, events, or just play music on the side of the road.
Landscaper- These players would be hired to landscape yards and gardens throughout the world.
Pharmacist-These players would sell medicine to sick players. They could sell it anytime, but would be most useful and profitable when doctors. They would be told to sell it for a little more expensive than doctors do.
Campaigner-These players would mainly be useful before Parliament elections. They would be paid to campaign for whoever is running. They could put up signs, plan and host events, and could almost be in charge of who wins the election.
Model-These players would be used to model clothes made by players or use items from their shops thus advertising for their shops.
Meteorologist-These players would be in charge of determining when it rains and when we could have other natural disasters (A plugin would be needed for this). These players would be paid by the government. We could also have an Amateur Meteorologist job that would be like the entrepreneur job.

xSyncx

Scamalot
Donator
Real Estate Agent: I don't think we have the necessary player base to start a job like this just yet
Musician: I just had a look through instrument plugins/mods, none of them look good and anyway. I don't think it would be a job people would need/want
Pharmacist: If they could sell remedies to players, the Doctor job would have to be scrapped as no one would use their medical services.
Model: For there to be a fashion industry on the server, we'd need a modpack or a texture pack implemented in the server to see these new clothes. A modpack would outright make the server lag and for the texture pack; I don't think many people would like to see their favourite armour turn into jeggings and a tank top.
Meteorologist: I think natural disasters would just add something for players to worry about, what separates BC from other city servers is that we don't have guns, gangs and contraband. BC's mission is to provide a peaceful environment fro players to build a business and gain an economic position without having all those extra things to worry about. Also, making a plugin that can predict rainfall would be pointless, I doubt - like in real life - that people care whether or not it rains in MC.
Landscaper: If players want to terra orm their land, most of them would do it themselves as - with practice - it is quick and easy to do and hiring someone else would take a while (to find them) and then you are losing a hundred Krunas or so.

BigBen9999

Citizen
Real Estate Agent: I don't think we have the necessary player base to start a job like this just yet
Musician: I just had a look through instrument plugins/mods, none of them look good and anyway. I don't think it would be a job people would need/want
Pharmacist: If they could sell remedies to players, the Doctor job would have to be scrapped as no one would use their medical services.
Model: For there to be a fashion industry on the server, we'd need a modpack or a texture pack implemented in the server to see these new clothes. A modpack would outright make the server lag and for the texture pack; I don't think many people would like to see their favourite armour turn into jeggings and a tank top.
Meteorologist: I think natural disasters would just add something for players to worry about, what separates BC from other city servers is that we don't have guns, gangs and contraband. BC's mission is to provide a peaceful environment fro players to build a business and gain an economic position without having all those extra things to worry about. Also, making a plugin that can predict rainfall would be pointless, I doubt - like in real life - that people care whether or not it rains in MC.
Landscaper: If players want to terra orm their land, most of them would do it themselves as - with practice - it is quick and easy to do and hiring someone else would take a while (to find them) and then you are losing a hundred Krunas or so.
You never know what players want or do not want. Also the pharmacist job could also sell medicine, because doctors could prescribe it to patients and you could only get medicine if its prescribed. I also have heard from many players that said they wish we had natural disasters or different kinds of weather.

The pharmacist job really doesn't make sense. Making and the cure is part of a doctor's job. There is no sense in making the process more difficult.

xSyncx

Scamalot
Donator
Ben, a majority vote wouldn't normally be able to introduce such a thing. It's almost like introducing guns into a KitPvP server when some of the most 'famous' players love swords, it would decrease our playerbase by quite a lot.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
In my opinion, I would love to see Real Estate Agents be a thing. Players have trouble finding the apartments/plots/shops they want frequently. With realtors, they would have the knowledge of these things and could help any players needing to find a place.

Well this is more like the difference with interior and exterior designers. It could have been architect or something but it just adds diversity to the server.

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
Well I get where you are coming from but realtors would still be a hood addition because they could show people condos, houses, and plots for sale.

Yes, but most people show others whereto find plots for sale all the time for free. I don't believe it would benefit the server.

xSyncx

Scamalot
Donator
The realtor job would have to be reserved for players with a lot of money, how about you can only get realtor if you have K10-15k (At time of exam)

xSyncx

Scamalot
Donator
I really think we need AreaShop or change config if that is what we are already using so players can sell plots to their on price but anyone can buy it:

AS command to resell: /resell <Region> <Price>

parker3232

The Cookie Dealer
Donator
I was going to reply to this post... And then I realized my opinion would be useless in this xD