Answered / Added Political suggestion

WolfenGamer

WolfenGamer
Donator
- Username: WolfenGamer
- Suggestion Title: Stop making your own laws
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): I want this to be a rule because many police told me that people can kill me in disguise, but Swedish killed cherub is disguise and he said that it is murder and he arrested Swedish, so who is making their own law there? I won’t know and I don’t think you guys know. So let’s just stop making our own laws, if you don’t know if it’s a law it’s not a law, but murdering should be a law either in disguise or not, but if it’s not in the laws it should be said that it’s not a law and they can’t arrest you for it, it’s very confusing and kind of makes me mad. So let’s just say no to this and make it so if it’s not in the laws that they can’t make up their own laws and arrest people for it.
- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): no
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):
- Additional Information: I don’t know where I’m supposed to suggest this, so I put it here, if I can’t put it here just tell me and I’ll put it somewhere else.

WolfenGamer

WolfenGamer
Donator

HybridPlague

yes
Donator
HybridPlague
HybridPlague
Tier4
The confusion in these disguise cases arises from the recently posted, and currently being voted upon, bill relating to initiating PVP. Mobs naturally cannot spawn in cities or towns, and most exotic mobs don't spawn around the cities either, such as pandas, anyway. Plus, players cannot harm passive mobs whilst in the city, so if you start to attack a passive mob and actually are dealing damage, it is just a player in disguise. Similarly, hostile mobs do not spawn close to these vicinities, so seeing one, most commonly a zombie or skeleton, is 99% just a player. Lastly, disguised players move far different from that of an AI, it is very hard to not be able to tell the difference. It all comes down to common sense. Moving beyond that, while it is not stated in the law that killing disguised players is defined "legal" or "illegal," given several circumstances and use of, again, common sense, killing another player is always going to be illegal while within city limits.

Moving away from the killings and such, there is a huge difference between using discretion and creating a law.

The bill I mentioned: https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/initiating-pvp-amendment-act-edit.11431/

Zzz_King

Citizen
Donator
It was making his own laws, and he would not listen to anyone when we said that he got the law wrong, and it even confused a long term player like me wondering if it is a law or not. So I just want something to be done about this.
How is he making laws? Whenever there isn't a official law yet, police officers are allowed to use their discretion for certain situations. I won't argue further about this. The bill I linked is your answer if you want something done but it won't affect past cases.

WolfenGamer

WolfenGamer
Donator
The confusion in these disguise cases arises from the recently posted, and currently being voted upon, bill relating to initiating PVP. Mobs naturally cannot spawn in cities or towns, and most exotic mobs don't spawn around the cities either, such as pandas, anyway. Plus, players cannot harm passive mobs whilst in the city, so if you start to attack a passive mob and actually are dealing damage, it is just a player in disguise. Similarly, hostile mobs do not spawn close to these vicinities, so seeing one, most commonly a zombie or skeleton, is 99% just a player. Lastly, disguised players move far different from that of an AI, it is very hard to not be able to tell the difference. It all comes down to common sense. Moving beyond that, while it is not stated in the law that killing disguised players is defined "legal" or "illegal," given several circumstances and use of, again, common sense, killing another player is always going to be illegal while within city limits.

Moving away from the killings and such, there is a huge difference between using discretion and creating a law.

The bill I mentioned: https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/initiating-pvp-amendment-act-edit.11431/
Yeah I get that, is that like a brand new law or still being voted on? Because like a week ago I was killed and like five cops said that it was allowed since I was disguised.

Zzz_King

Citizen
Donator
So he wasn’t allowed to arrest him yet? Or was he? Because this is very confusing.
He was allowed. In most cases po's don't arrest if it is a disguised player, but due to the situation of it being a rare mob moving unnaturally cherub decided to arrest.

HybridPlague

yes
Donator
HybridPlague
HybridPlague
Tier4
Yeah I get that, is that like a brand new law or still being voted on? Because like a week ago I was killed and like five cops said that it was allowed since I was disguised.
The confusion in these disguise cases arises from the recently posted, and currently being voted upon, bill relating to initiating PVP.

If that is the case, then the DoJ should communicate with each other and determine what needs to be done or not; this isn't something to make for a server suggestion, but should instead be directed to the Minister of Justice themself. I'm not going to give an opinion on question of if you should have been arrested or not, just tell you to be more careful and observant when attacking any mobs within a city or town.

WolfenGamer

WolfenGamer
Donator
If that is the case, then the DoJ should communicate with each other and determine what needs to be done or not; this isn't something to make for a server suggestion, but should instead be directed to the Minister of Justice themself. I'm not going to give an opinion on question of if you should have been arrested or not, just tell you to be more careful and observant when attacking any mobs within a city or town.
Alright, you can just delete this suggestion, I was just very confused and thought he was making up laws.