Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
Hello, your Honor.
Happy to be here today.

This Lawsuit is in relation with (SOURCES):
Region Inheritance Laws (has passed parliament vote in favor 7:3:) Link
Link to Edit/Deletion Bill of the Region Inheritance (is currently being voted on): Link
SweetGamer23's new region (formally known as ChrisClassic's melon farm & wheat farm)
Any other WILD regions that have been illegally sold back.

I am choosing Chris's region because it is the most well-known topic right now. I am also oblivious to any other illegal action that has taken place regarding to wild regions.

I am suing the Government because the Government has illegally sold back a region in the wild to another player.

Background:
ChrisClassics was a former Admin who dug up and owned a quite large melon farm and small wheat farm near the premises of wild warp 1. Not too long ago, roughly a week ago, this melon farm for some reason or another was sold back to the government, and was bought by a player called SweetGamer23 in early October.

AT THE TIME OF THIS ACTION, the Government had NOT passed or PROPOSED the new region inheritance law bill that is currently being voted on. The link to this new bill can be found above.

Content:
The region inheritance laws, as linked above, describe a set of rules passed by parliament quite some time ago. I am suing the Government for bypassing this law and selling back the wild region which should've never been sold back for inactivity. I quote from the Wild Region Section:
"For regions in the wild (Deletion): The auto sell back to government should be removed. There’s a really big world out there, so players can go out and explore to find a new piece of land with unused resources. This will allow players to keep their regions in the wild even if they’ve been inactive."

There must've been some discussion regarding Chris's region within the server's administration. This does not follow what the law says and I wish for the region to be repossessed and placed into the rightful owner's hands (ChrisClassics).

This law, Region Inheritance Law, was passed some time ago and no act of parliament was passed on it. However, this does not mean that it is not a law. Underneath Parliament, in the thread named "Process of Legislature", it does not state that a bill needs to become an Act of Parliament posted by the PoP (President of Parliament) in order to become a law. One would assume that after it is voted by parliament, passed, accepted by the Prime Minister, and moved to the "Accepted Section" of the Parliament section, that the bill becomes law.
Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 8.45.07 AM.png

As you can see on this image, "Region Inheritance Laws" was fully passed in April 2018. Furthermore, this law is now being edited/deleted in parliament as stated below, which means it must be a currently active law, since April 2018. This law was in effect when Chris's region was sold back.

This means this law was active at the time the government sold Chris's region. This is illegal according to the law. The region must remain within Chris's ownership because it is a wild region, as stated in the bill.

This can be seen as the current, NEW region inheritance which is trying to be passed by... SweetGamer23 so he can keep claims on a region the government illegally took. This is unfair, and the Government should not be getting away with this.

I wish for the region to be replaced into the respective owner's hands, ChrisClassics. I have seen this crime develop and will not let it slip for someone else to receive an unfair advantage over others, as it is trying to become protected by passing the new region inheritance laws below.

I had mentioned them (the region inheritance laws) maybe a week-ish ago in discord, and told him (SweetGamer23) it was illegal, but he refused to report it/listen. Coincidentally, now, after the inheritance law was buried for so long, a new motion has appeared in parliament, created by SweetGamer23, trying to make what he just did legal.

Thank you for reading,
- Vroomba.

Last edited:

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
Madam President @Kat is hereby summoned to the court to acknowledge the case. If the Defendant, @Kat , does not acknowledge the case as a reply in 2 days, the case will close in the Plaintiff's favor.

Court is in Session

This case is presided by Judge Matty707 Bear in mind to not reply to court cases unless summoned by the Judge!

Due to the fact that this civil lawsuit directly involves the
Government and revolves around Parliamentary laws, she has requested to be the representing entity at this time.

Note

I would like to remind both parties and those who are observing this court hearing to refrain from speaking out of turn and wait until you have been summoned to give testimony. This is a civil lawsuit, and it will be treated with professionalism. Thank you.

Kat

flower girl
Donator
Thank you, Judge Matty.
I would like to blatantly state that Vroomba is correct in his statements above. The main cause of this is that there was no Government announcement made on the region inheritance laws behalf back in April - simple mistake while Parliamentary President and Prime Minister were still adjusting the responsibilities of the President- which is why no one (including staff) was aware of Region Inheritance laws being implemented. Chris' land should've not been sold in the first place but again due to the misunderstanding and miscommunication, it was. Because Vroomba is correct in this lawsuit it’s completely fair that the demands he made should be met. Chris will receive his regions back, and an announcement will be made about the implementation of Region Inheritance laws. As for the new bill that was passed, it will still be implemented after region inheritance but it does not justify the land being sold in the first place. I did talk to Koalition and SweetGamer about this. They both agree with me that this was definitely just a big mistake. And we would like to solve this with meeting what Vroomba proposed and the others I added in.
Thank you for summoning me Matty and thank you Vroomba for making this mistake known, it's very much appreciated. I hope this does clear that up.

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
Madam President, thank you kindly for your detailed and thought out explanation regarding the outlaying issue, and coming to a possible resolution.

I will now allow the Plaintiff @Vroomba to respond to the Defendant's statement. You now have the floor...

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
JUDGE'S RESPONSE

Analysis:
According to the Plaintiff's data and evidence provided, the player ChrisClassics appears to have lost his lands due to inactivity which was not justified by the older law implemented back in April of 2017. According to the Defendant's response, this was in fact a misunderstanding due to a mishap when the law in April was never properly announced. The Defendant wishes to make a correction and return the land back to the original owner, and properly introduce a new Inheritance Law to clarify the future of how to deal with inactive region land.

Conclusion:
A settlement agree as been thought out and agreed upon by both parties. The specific land in question has been returned to the original owner at the Plaintiff's request, and the new law has been implemented as an Act of Parliament as promised by the President. See the link below:
https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/t...ce-laws-edit-to-region-inheritance-laws.2983/

Verdict:
As reigning Judge, and with the evidence provided in this court case and agreeance between both parties, ChrisClassic's land is to be returned to him. (I have received word that this has already been carried out in the proper manner before this verdict was made. All is well now.)

Thank you for your time, and cooperation during this court hearing.

This court case is now adjourned.

Court Adjourned

This case was presided by Judge Matty707

klcPQA3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.