Lawsuit: Adjourned Olefante V. Government

Status
Not open for further replies.

olefante

Capitalist/Economist
Donator
@olefante Sure, go ahead. And yes, but one at a time please.

Okay.
To start off, I would like to say all evidence in favor of the plaintiff in this case has been out of topic and purely relating to how I used to be against the government and NOT how they unfairly punished me. If they wanted a test subject for community service they could've offered it to someone who would've normally been perm banned or something similar to that.
Thank you Judge Matty. I would like to start off by saying that community service was in fact being discussed prior to Olefante being subjected to it.

upload_2019-1-8_20-4-4-png.2203

As you can see in the screenshot above, community service has been an ongoing topic since late August however on November 9th, (weeks before Olefante was given community service) it was brought up again and will be officially made a bill by me with the assistance of Libnah. So community service has been talked about before being tested on Olefante.
I also want to say that community service was tested on Olefante, not as a biased act against him, but a legitimate trial to see how community service would work for advanced offenses. How would the government know that Olefante might get to those advanced offenses? Well Olefante and his organization "CSI" planned to trespass on government property multiple times, even creating a protocol for if they are ever discovered doing so:
upload_2019-1-10_15-52-18.png

As evidenced by the date of this discord announcement, CSI still had plans to continue trespassing at the time of Olefante's punishment. This punishment wasn't strictly created against Olefante, nor was the testing on him an attack by the government. The community service needed to be tested, and it happened to be Olefante who it was tested on.

Second off,
Bharatj's CSI mole, Endeav0r collected that information for bharatj and the information is even as shown in the screenshot, is old news.

The screenshot even shows the @deleted-role section which used to be @Black Agent and that is proof the protocols were no longer being used and was used TWO MONTHS ago.

But still I will like to emphasize that this still doesnt have any relation to unfairly punishing me so my case stands with no defendant proof of innocence that actually relates to this current lawsuit.

I will now summon witness #1, @DerpGaming20_YT to join us in this case.

DerpGaming20_YT

Citizen
Donator
DerpGaming20_YT
DerpGaming20_YT
Tier4
Thank you @olefante and Judge @Matt . I would like to begin by stating that I am a witness to what occured. Now, to get to business, I would like to point out that as Olefante stated, the government officials representing the government are going completely off topic. This case is about the unfair treatment of Olefante, not this "CSI" group. Now, the Evidence that bharatj has given regarding the real case is evidence that the government was discussing adding Community Service for a punishment. However, this is not about the fact that it was discussed before the events leading up to this case occurred, but the fact that Olefante was unfairly punished. It is stated in the Businesscraft Server Law:
  • Trespassing on Government Property
    • First Offence: k60 fine
    • Second Offence: k100 fine + 5 minutes jail
    • Third Offence: k100 fine + 10 minutes jail
    • Fourth Offence: k200 fine + 20 minutes jail
I would like to put emphasis on the Second offense, as this was Olefante's Second offense of trespassing on Government Property. He was only due to a 100kruna fine and 5minutes of jail time. Instead, he was in a jail cell for well over 5 minutes, more than even 30 minutes, and then sentenced to a punishment that at the time was not even proposed, let alone in the Servers Laws. Additionally, the punishment he was unfairly sentenced, called "Community Service", was not even a service to the community, as the punishment was described as being placed inside obsidian, and given a wooden pickaxe. he was there for around an hour. The definition for Community Service, as stated at Dictionary.com, is as follows:

noun Law.
  1. a punitive sentence that requires a convicted person to perform unpaid work for the community in lieu of imprisonment.
As ive stated, there was no benefit of any kind to the community from Olefante's given punishment. And with that, the government had no right to put Olefante in the position they did as a punishment for his actions. The government, s at fault for what they did. All punishments shall be equal, no matter the receiver of the punishment's past.

To finish off my statement, I would like to remind everyone what the real issue here is, the fact that Olefante was unfairly punished. That is the only reason this case was filed. So lets please make that the topic of all further testimonies and statements. And please remember to be honest.

olefante

Capitalist/Economist
Donator
Thank you @olefante and Judge @Matt . I would like to begin by stating that I am a witness to what occured. Now, to get to business, I would like to point out that as Olefante stated, the government officials representing the government are going completely off topic. This case is about the unfair treatment of Olefante, not this "CSI" group. Now, the Evidence that bharatj has given regarding the real case is evidence that the government was discussing adding Community Service for a punishment. However, this is not about the fact that it was discussed before the events leading up to this case occurred, but the fact that Olefante was unfairly punished. It is stated in the Businesscraft Server Law:
  • Trespassing on Government Property
    • First Offence: k60 fine
    • Second Offence: k100 fine + 5 minutes jail
    • Third Offence: k100 fine + 10 minutes jail
    • Fourth Offence: k200 fine + 20 minutes jail
I would like to put emphasis on the Second offense, as this was Olefante's Second offense of trespassing on Government Property. He was only due to a 100kruna fine and 5minutes of jail time. Instead, he was in a jail cell for well over 5 minutes, more than even 30 minutes, and then sentenced to a punishment that at the time was not even proposed, let alone in the Servers Laws. Additionally, the punishment he was unfairly sentenced, called "Community Service", was not even a service to the community, as the punishment was described as being placed inside obsidian, and given a wooden pickaxe. he was there for around an hour. The definition for Community Service, as stated at Dictionary.com, is as follows:

noun Law.
  1. a punitive sentence that requires a convicted person to perform unpaid work for the community in lieu of imprisonment.
As ive stated, there was no benefit of any kind to the community from Olefante's given punishment. And with that, the government had no right to put Olefante in the position they did as a punishment for his actions. The government, s at fault for what they did. All punishments shall be equal, no matter the receiver of the punishment's past.

To finish off my statement, I would like to remind everyone what the real issue here is, the fact that Olefante was unfairly punished. That is the only reason this case was filed. So lets please make that the topic of all further testimonies and statements. And please remember to be honest.

Thank you. I will now call witness #2, @A1phaSniper .

olefante

Capitalist/Economist
Donator
@Matt as A1phaSniper seems unresponsive to this thread, I am going to say that is all I have to say this turn.

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
Alright. I will need to read through all of the information provided by both parties and witnesses. I may need to seek guidance for this case, from an outside private source...

My next response will be the deciding outcome for this lengthy court case.

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
JUDGE'S RESPONSE

Analysis:
The Plaintiff has brought the Defendant @Government to civil court on the grounds of being "Jailed and Treated Unfairly" by the Government due to a past allegation against the Plaintiff for trespassing on government property. The Government was represented by our Deputy Prime Minister, Kat.

Substantial and in depth evidence was provided by both parties in attempts to aide their side of what happened back in November of 2018, as well as witness testimonials. There is much information to siphon through regarding this court case, so a final decision is not an easy one. It would appear that the Plaintiff is heavily keen on making sure that the alleged poor treatment he endured within the Jail of BusinessCraft and during Community Service is recognized and is looking for an apology and financial compensation. The Government in turn, refute most of these actions as "cruel" and claim to have already attempted to rectify the situation by taking the Plaintiff out of Jail and Community Service earlier than the sentence given. Lots of back and forth, between the Plaintiff and the Government representative, Kat alongside their numbers of witnesses. I have thought long and hard about this, well, during the times I was actually thinking about it...

Conclusion:
How I see it, it is quite possible that the Plaintiff was definitely treated unfairly in his eyes, due to the fact that the given sentence and community service length were well over the determined times stated within the current Law at the time. According to the Government, they had their reasons to Jail the Plaintiff related to the Plaintiff's alleged and past aggression regarding incidents with trespassing on Government land. How I see it, they were simply reacting and taking precautions to defend national security. I will not be allowing a financial compensation grant for the Plaintiff, because I do not see that it is necessary since only time was lost during his original sentence. I will ask that the Government provide the Plaintiff with a formal apology for putting him through these conditions, from what it seems were not 100% in accordance with BusinessCraft law. (Hence, the fined amounts and jail lengths)

Verdict:
As reigning Judge, I am ordering the Plaintiff to drop all compensation requests and to accept a formal apology given by the Government regarding his unfair treatment during his jail time and lengthy community service given to him. This is the best compromise I can conjure up for this court case, for which I believe to be rather fair for both sides.

PS. My sincere apologies to everyone who's been anticipating the outcome of this civil court case. I hope this will put some ease on some individuals and/or dismiss many of your questions. Thank you for your time.

This court case is now adjourned.

Court Adjourned

This case was presided by Judge Matty707

klcPQA3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.