Answered / Added Poverty Help

Zemrit

Citizen
- Username: Zemrit
- Suggestion Title: Poverty Help
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): I think it will improve the server because new players are not making enough money. It should be a government-run business that will give new players a chance at life. The government can give suggestions, pay for part of the medical bills, and give them a small amount of money to get a job, food, and shelter. It would boost the economy. A lot of people stop playing because they don't have a job or are making no money. The government can also make a homeless shelter for those who don't have a place to put their stuff or have no cover from the rain. If you like the idea, and you would like someone to run it, I would love to run it. Thank you.
- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): No
- Additional Information: The government will only have to pay for a small amount of what they need. I already pay money to new players who have no food/shelter/money. This can change BC into a more player-friendly server.

Kovos_Datch

Citizen
This will certainly give the server a sense of community and help. However, how will you regulate who is allowed in and for how long?

Zemrit

Citizen
It will be based on how new the player is, and how much money. If the player is older than 2 weeks into the game, the poverty assistance will not help. If the player has more than 400, the poverty assistance will not help them.

Libnah

ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ✩‧₊˚
Donator
I don't find this solution to be helpful in my belief. The intent is there, however it will not solve anything long-term. New players leave because they do not know the server well enough to play it. All of our members who are active has been in the new player's situation. Yet, we have found our own paths to gain a good paying job. This involves learning how the server works, making connections with people, and being involved. It's up to the new players to decide if they want to work hard as the rest of us has. Giving free stuff to players only makes them expect to be handed free stuff in the future. They just want to walk the easy route to get money. This is where tour guides come in to educate new players. Frankly, I could count a handful of tour guides that actually do their jobs. This is something we need to work on. I'm open to hearing your reply.

Zemrit

Citizen
I can agree with you on the educating tour guides, but I myself stopped playing because I was not getting any money. I know my brother did the same. I came back to check out the server after a while and realized how much more fun it was when I had enough money to buy a house, get food, not have to jump off the edge of a building to get back to the full food bar. My friend also left because of this, and he never came back.

Libnah

ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ✩‧₊˚
Donator
There are numerous ways to earn money on this server. Making money takes time, first of all. It's not something a new player can achieve so easily. You have to work for it. Like I previously said, it's up to new players to learn more about how to play this server. Getting involved and making friends helps a lot. Asking questions doesn't hurt either. Furthermore, voting every day gives you K120. Government jobs like Tour Guides and Doctors can provide a wage for these players as well. If a new player expects to get everything so easily, this isn't the server for them.

LethalFantocinni

Lethal
Banned
Donator
Ahem, going off of what Libnah said, the government already offers great plans to help, and the little poverty help is the k400 you start with. This allows you to get an apartment (if you are looking for a cheap one contact moi) food, even though you don't need it since you start with 30 stakes, and a good education from our university, once this happens you can get going, and get mons. And if you have trouble with getting an education, I'm sure someone will donate you 5 krunas.

LethalFantocinni

Lethal
Banned
Donator
It will be based on how new the player is, and how much money. If the player is older than 2 weeks into the game, the poverty assistance will not help. If the player has more than 400, the poverty assistance will not help them.
Also it shouldn't be how long since they've joined the server, since someone could have a emergency, but the amout of playtime they have. Example - 5 days of playtime = NO HELP

Zemrit

Citizen
Also, many players do not know what they are doing so they spend money on things that are not important.

Zemrit

Citizen
In the real world, if you need help, you ask the government for welfare. For ObamaCare (R.I.P.) You get some help. That is what this is.

Libnah

ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ✩‧₊˚
Donator
Also, many players do not know what they are doing so they spend money on things that are not important.
Whose to say they won't do the same with this program? We need to fix our tour guides first since it's their job to educate new players.

Zemrit

Citizen
Also, back to Kayden, you will not get 40 krunas for shelter or food. A good portion of people is poor. The cheapest rentals are Technofieds rentals at 50 krunas as far as I am concerned. Many new players would buy the first thing they see. So technically, the poverty assistance is the best they can do.

Zemrit

Citizen
Back to Libnah. Yes, that is part of the job, to teach them what is right and wrong to get. I can lead them to a shelter or the grocery store. Most people want to buy cars. I will tell them not to. It goes on and on. That is part of the job. Education.

Libnah

ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ✩‧₊˚
Donator
Back to Libnah. Yes, that is part of the job, to teach them what is right and wrong to get. I can lead them to a shelter or the grocery store. Most people want to buy cars. I will tell them not to. It goes on and on. That is part of the job. Education.
Now it's up to them to play the server how it's intended to be.

Zemrit

Citizen
But most people cannot get money! If there is no money, there is no economy. If there is no economy, BC falls apart. Everyone needs a boost! In real life, people get the chance to work as a cashier register to get food until they get a job. In BC you have to get a job immediately to keep yourself above the "water."

Zemrit

Citizen
I started playing because I found I got money. I had never gotten above 1000 krunas till 6 months after I started playing. My friend is at less than a dollar. He cannot get a job, so he quit. If you want it to be realistic, you need people. People are what makes BC realistic.