Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
(Nvm, thought that my meme post was removed lmao)

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
Matty calm down. Jeez. And fine maybe this is not the best idea, but Welfare can help people. Don't you want to help people?
I do help people. M|CORP's shop alone has generated at least 100-200k overall divided up between all those who sell to us. Simple as that. The number's speak for themselves. See, the answer isn't always welfare. However, I am curious for how much a new player would get from this "hand-out" plan of yours?

Zemrit

Citizen
A few things. I do not handle giving out money, that is Ferre's job. He gives people loans. And no you help a lot of people. You have employed many struggling players and gave them money to do what they needed. But some people can't even get crops because they don't have space. Or they cant sell blocks because they can't find what they need to. A new player could get up to 250-300 but I would say the average would be 150. We would not send money immediately. We would give advice. But let's say that they cannot pay for what people should have, like food and housing, then we would help them out with money.

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
Plus, voting nets around 145 Krunas per day for new players. (6 voting sites x 20 krunas + 1 diamond (vote shop) = K145) :-)

Voting should technically be considered the baseline for "handouts", etc. (In my opinion)

Advice would be good. Are you suggesting the server makes a "Financial Adviser" role? Similar to what the Tour Guide does, minus the tours. Hm...

@Zemrit

bharatj

Staff member
Department of Justice
Department of Construction
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
I’m not the most informed regarding this so please forgive me if I’m mentioning something that has been previously discussed. Giving away money to those that do not have a certain balance removes in a way the motivation to work hard and earn money since the government would pay those who do not have enough money. The current system makes it so that individual players must work in order to succeed. By providing them poverty aid, you remove any incentive for them to make the money on their own. Another thing is that this can easily be abused. Players can easily hold their money in other places and still recieve poverty aid money since they would have a low balance. That being said, players are free to donate any money to those they feel need it. I would like to provide myself as an example as well. For months since I joined the server, I remained at a balance under k2000. Eventually I learned how the server worked and with motivation and hard work, I built myself to where I am now. If something like poverty help existed back then, it’s very likely that I would not have ended up the way I am.
So just to summarize, in my opinion, giving government funded poverty aid removes motivation to work hard and succeed.

RedFr0st

On lunch break for 2 weeks now
Donator
I’m not the most informed regarding this so please forgive me if I’m mentioning something that has been previously discussed. Giving away money to those that do not have a certain balance removes in a way the motivation to work hard and earn money since the government would pay those who do not have enough money. The current system makes it so that individual players must work in order to succeed. By providing them poverty aid, you remove any incentive for them to make the money on their own. Another thing is that this can easily be abused. Players can easily hold their money in other places and still recieve poverty aid money since they would have a low balance. That being said, players are free to donate any money to those they feel need it. I would like to provide myself as an example as well. For months since I joined the server, I remained at a balance under k2000. Eventually I learned how the server worked and with motivation and hard work, I built myself to where I am now. If something like poverty hell existed back then, it’s very likely that I would not have ended up the way I am.
So just to summarize, in my opinion, giving government funded poverty aid removes motivation to work hard and succeed.
That what I said a little while ago that fact that the point of this server is to get more money and upgrade your house, car and just make your company is the point of this game to actually work hard and if the government gave people money then people would just become lazy and not do any work to make money.

Zemrit

Citizen
I guess your right. I had no idea that being a farmer is good if you have M:Corp to sell to. So maybe it is ok to not have welfare. So unless anyone has an argument for why welfare is good, this is over.

Bangladesh150

Citizen
Donator
Yes I am aware. This photo URL is broken. However, are there any other questions for Zemrit about Poverty help? If not I think we can let this move on

EvadeGT

Citizen
Voting a great way to earn a bit of extra cash daily, on top of that, be a hunter. It's a great way to earn some money to start. I do agree maybe add some government hotels/apartments that are 30-50 a week and have something said in the tutorial to give a bit of guidance. Other wise, its up to the player on how they plan their destiny in BC.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
I personally disagree with this as they already get 400 krunas to start off. They can just ask online players for advice as to what to do and will mostly be directed to the wild for mob hunting/mining. I'll @ the Commerce Minister to look into this further however - @ferre007_